TRIA requires the studies of small insurers to include an analysis of each of the following six areas:
- Changes to market share, premium volume, and policyholder surplus of small insurers relative to large insurers;B. How the P/C insurance market for terrorism risk differs between small and large insurers and whether such a difference exists within other perils;
- How the P/C insurance market for terrorism risk differs between small and large insurers and whether such a difference exists within other perils;
The impact of the Program’s mandatory availability requirement under Section 103(c) on small insurers;
- The effect of increasing the trigger amount for the Program under Section 103(e)(1)(B) on small insurers;
- The availability and cost of private reinsurance for small insurers; and
- The impact that State workers’ compensation laws have on small insurers and workers’ compensation carriers in the terrorism risk insurance marketplace.
This Study analyses each of these areas. Treasury will continue to analyse these areas in its small insurer study to be issued in 2019.